News5050 – Market Report
January 14, 2018
Romania’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from an estimated RON14.8bn ($3.6bn) in 2017 to RON17.6bn ($4.8bn) by 2022 at a CAGR of 3.6% (5.9% in US$) over 2017-2022, driven by projected growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. However, mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 21.2% (24.0% in US$) over 2017-2022, reaching RON5.8bn ($1.6bn) by 2022 driven by rising data consumption along with growing smartphone penetration, further supported by adoption of 4G/4.5G services and projected rise in adoption of 5G subscriptions. Moving forward, Romania’s pay-TV market is expected to see a CAGR of 0.1% (2.4% in US$) with growth in DTH and IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Romania.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Mobile revenue will account for 67% of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of 4G/4.5G services and projected 5G growth.
– Orange Romania leads Romania’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Vodafone Romania, Telekom Romania, RCS & RDS, Lycamobile and others. All the operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, and competitively priced offers to strengthen their market position.
About Research and Experts:
Research and Experts brings you to the latest reports in market research on Telecommunications and much more.
Fia Rua, Deerpark
Bunratty, Co. Clare, Ireland
Check out Market Reports at www.researchandexperts.com