News5050 – Market Report
January 14, 2018
Heating and cooling appliances are set to grow 7.6% over the next five years, driven by innovation in the marketplace. Grocers will continue to lose market share in 2018, as they focus on food propositions at the expense of home and electrical sales. Online pureplays such as Amazon and Shop Direct will continue to gain share, offering fast delivery and competitive prices. The most popular reason for buying SDA was to replace existing products, with 66.8% of those purchasing SDA products stating this as the reason. However, there are also more consumers entering the market, with the proportion of shoppers purchasing a new SDA product rising 17.9 ppts on 2016 to 36.5%.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– The key issues
– Market, retailer and consumer headlines
– Market sizes and predictions for growth
– In-depth profiles of the key retailers
– Where people shop
– Why people shop
– Average spend at a product category level
– Channel usage, research and payment
– Argos’ position as market leader is threatened, vulnerable to competitors during a transitional period as a result of its merger with Sainsbury’s. By the end of 2017, the gap between Argos and its closest rival Dixons Carphone will have narrowed to only 1.1ppts.
– The growing trend towards consumers using external services for their cleaning needs, driven by an influx of low-cost UK labour and growth in full-time employment, means fewer consumers are purchasing products such as floor cleaners or irons.
About Research and Experts:
Research and Experts brings you to the latest reports in market research on Electrical Goods Manufacturing and much more.
Fia Rua, Deerpark
Bunratty, Co. Clare, Ireland
Check out Market Reports at www.researchandexperts.com