News5050 – Market Report
January 14, 2018
Thailand’s telecom and pay-TV services market will grow from an estimated $12.3bn (Bt424.7bn) in 2017 to $14.2bn (Bt492.9bn) by 2022 at a CAGR of 2.9% (3% in Bt) over 2017-2022 driven by projected growth in the mobile data fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. However, fixed broadband revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 12.3% (12.4% in Bt) over 2017-2022, reaching $4bn (Bt140.3bn) by 2022 driven by growing consumption of online videos and social media content on mobile devices supported by rising smartphone penetration, growing adoption of 4G/4.5G services and projected rise in adoption of 5G subscriptions. Thailand’s pay-TV market will grow at a CAGR of 2.3% in US$ terms (2.4% in local currency) over 2017-2022.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Thailand.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Mobile revenue will account for 56% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by adoption of 4G/4.5G and projected growth in 5G services.
– AIS leads Thailand’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by True Corp (True Move) and Dtac. Other operators present in the market include CAT and i-Mobile. To compete in the market, major operators focus on 4G network expansions along with 5G development strategy, and competitively priced offers and promotions.
About Research and Experts:
Research and Experts brings you to the latest reports in market research on Telecommunications and much more.
Fia Rua, Deerpark
Bunratty, Co. Clare, Ireland
Check out Market Reports at www.researchandexperts.com